Website The Assembly
Reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment.
The Assembly is a non-profit ministry located in Broken Arrow, OK, existing to serve neighbors and nations. We accomplish our purpose by reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment that God always intended for them. Our employees are expected to live up to high ethical standards, defined by Biblical values, and serve as role models for the students within our care. Must adhere to the Employee Standard of Conduct for The Assembly of Broken Arrow.
As a condition of employment all positions require the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
The Early Childhood Director helps create a safe ministry that gives kids an opportunity to learn that God made and loves them, and Jesus wants to be their friend forever. This position will accomplish this by recruiting, training, scheduling, and overseeing staff and volunteers with vision, passion, and creativity, and helping to create and execute an excellent nursery and preschool experience each week.
Hours will include Sundays and church activities.
- Responsible for the execution of a weekly ministry focused on helping children and their families learn about God and biblical truths in environments that are engaging, creative, age appropriate, dynamic, creative and relational.
- Develops and oversees Preschool experience for Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Collaborates with Kids Pastor for curriculum development.
- Trains nursery staff on curriculum.
- Recruits / Trains and Equips / Schedules Dream Team Members for:
- Nursery on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Preschool on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Communicates effectively to volunteers on a weekly basis regarding Sunday morning assignments.
- Oversees Nursery Staff.
- Trains nursery staff employees and volunteers on all aspects of the job to include but not limited to teaching the word of God to children, safety procedures, managing conflict, discussions with parents, cleaning protocols, etc.
- Cultivates and maintains a safe, healthy, and positive environment.
- Timely processes payroll by approving nursery staff timecards.
- Oversees Nursery and Payroll Budgets ensuring all expenditures are within budget.
- Communicates all budget challenges and solutions to Kid’s Pastor.
- Purchase or acquire all supplies needed for weekly activities and events.
- Coordinates childcare for South Campus events and groups. Timely and appropriately communicates with all parties to ensure coverage of such events.
- Participates in and assists with executing all Children’s Ministry events throughout the year.
- Attends weekly planning meetings.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned.
- Passionate desire to partner with parents, staff, and volunteers in helping children discover Jesus and His great love.
- Strong oral, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to lead and develop terms and delegate.
- Strong relational skills to lead and interact with volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include being a team player.
- Must be good at time management and have the ability to use technology and multitask.
- Have the ability to engage and lead children and their families toward Christ.
- Be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office and ability to effectively use other job-related software.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Possess an understanding of Basic First Aid including child/infant CPR training or the willingness to become certified.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: walking, standing, bending, stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds (supplies and small children), sitting, squatting, manual operation of office machines, reach above shoulders, to extend arms, to reach, to push and pull. Ability to move quickly in order to prevent children from harming themselves or others. Ability to work for extended periods standing and on the floor with kids. Specific visual acuities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The Assembly employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit assembly.formstack.com.