Website The Assembly
Reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment.
The Assembly is a non-profit ministry located in Broken Arrow, OK, existing to serve neighbors and nations. We accomplish our purpose by reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment that God always intended for them. Our employees are expected to live up to high ethical standards, defined by Biblical values, and serve as role models for the students within our care. Must adhere to the Employee Standard of Conduct for The Assembly of Broken Arrow.
As a condition of employment all positions require the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
The Elementary Pastor will lead the elementary department of The Assembly Kids in creative, Christ-centered instruction and ensure the safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of ministry operations. This position will accomplish this by recruiting, training, scheduling, and overseeing staff and volunteers with vision, passion, and creativity, and helping to create and execute an excellent elementary experience each week. The Elementary Pastor will serve as a member of The Assembly Kids team consisting of the Kids Pastor and the Early Childhood/Champions Director.
- Responsible for the execution of a weekly ministry focused on helping children and their families learn about God and biblical truths in environments that are engaging, creative, age appropriate, dynamic, creative and relational.
- Participate in series planning.
- Develops curriculum and necessary elements for elementary ministry, in conjunction with planning team and Kids Pastor.
- Develops and oversees Elementary experiences for Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Preaches as scheduled in Elementary services.
- Develops any necessary elements needed for services.
- Oversees the schedule of speakers and Dream Team for elementary chapel services at The Assembly.
- Trains Dream Team members on curriculum.
- Recruits / Trains and Equips / Schedules Dream Team Members for Sundays, Wednesdays, and special services.
- Communicates effectively to volunteers on a weekly basis regarding Sunday morning assignments.
- Leads the training and scheduling of JV dream team serving in elementary.
- Helps oversee the Kids Budget, ensuring all expenditures are within budget.
- Communicates all budget challenges and solutions to Kid’s Pastor.
- Purchase or acquire all supplies needed for weekly activities and events.
- Participates in and assists with executing all Children’s Ministry events throughout the year.
- Travel and assist on The Assembly Kids trips (leading when requested by the Kids Pastor) including Summer Camp, Assembly Kids Missions, serve days, etc.
- Prepare and conduct weekly chapel services for Summit Christian Academy for grades Kindergarten through 5th grades, along with the Elementary Pastor – Rose Campus.
- Weekly Chapel service includes worship, sermon/devotional, and other activities to encourages children to grow their own dynamic, vibrant spiritual life.
- Speak in chapel service on a rotation with the Elementary Pastor – Rose Campus and occasional guest speakers.
- Encourages the students to assimilate into the life of SCA. Build spiritually based relationships with students for the purposes of spiritual growth.
- Serve as a member of the pastoral staff and assist in pastoral duties such as hospital visitation, phone calls, and other duties as assigned by the Ministries Director or Pastor.
- Attends weekly planning meetings.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2 years’ experience in a field related to children
- Passionate desire to partner with parents, staff, and volunteers in helping children discover Jesus and His great love.
- Strong oral, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to lead and develop terms and delegate.
- Strong relational skills to lead and interact with volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include being a team player.
- Must be good at time management and have the ability to use technology and multitask.
- Have the ability to engage and lead children and their families toward Christ.
- Be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office and ability to effectively use other job-related software.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Possess an understanding of Basic First Aid including child/infant CPR training or the willingness to become certified.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: walking, standing, bending, stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds (supplies and small children), sitting, squatting, manual operation of office machines, reach above shoulders, to extend arms, to reach, to push and pull. Ability to move quickly in order to prevent children from harming themselves or others. Ability to work for extended periods standing and on the floor with kids. Specific visual acuities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Comprehensive Benefit package includes:
- Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Employer-provided Term Life Insurance
- Optional Term Life Insurance for Spouse and Children
- Employer-provided Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Holidays
- Maternity and Parental Paid Leave
- Tuition benefits for qualified dependents.
The Assembly employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit assembly.formstack.com.