Nursery Workers – Rose District
Website The Assembly
Reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment.
The Assembly is a non-profit ministry located in Broken Arrow, OK, existing to serve neighbors and nations. We accomplish our purpose by reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment that God always intended for them. Our employees are expected to live up to high ethical standards, defined by Biblical values, and serve as role models for the students within our care. Must adhere to the Employee Standard of Conduct for The Assembly of Broken Arrow.
As a condition of employment all positions require the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Position Summary: Nursery Workers provide dependable, safe, secure, clean, and nurturing care to children ages 0-4 years.
Part-time hours are normally Saturdays 5:00 pm – 7:30pm and Wednesdays 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (during church activities). The Assembly church attendance is required.
The Rose District campus is located 200 East Broadway, Downtown Broken Arrow.
- Provide age-appropriate care which includes feeding, changing diapers, escorting children to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding children if needed, and sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
- Greets each child and calls him/her by name when dropped off by parent(s)/guardians.
- Organizes, cleans, and disinfects toys and room after children have left.
- Maintains good handwashing/hand hygiene after diaper changes and after assisting children with tissues for coughs, sneezes or runny noses.
- Communicates any concerns and needs for supplies, repairs, snacks, etc. to the Early Childhood Director.
- Be familiar with and follow the established personnel policies and procedures. Oversee the check-out process.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED or be in the pursuit of such.
- Requires experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 4 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- Knowledge of the age-appropriate needs for children 0-4 years.
- Must be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Must maintain confidentiality of information.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: walking, standing, occasional lifting up to 40 pounds, sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, use of hands to finger to handle or feed children, and ability to hear, smell, and visual acuity, and speak/communicate clearly. Exposure to cleaning/disinfectant fluids.
The Assembly employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit assembly.formstack.com.