Website The Assembly
Reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment.
The Assembly is a non-profit ministry located in Broken Arrow, OK, existing to serve neighbors and nations. We accomplish our purpose by reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment that God always intended for them. Our employees are expected to live up to high ethical standards, defined by Biblical values, and serve as role models for the students within our care. Must adhere to the Employee Standard of Conduct for The Assembly of Broken Arrow.
As a condition of employment all positions require the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
The Production/Lighting Technician serves on the Creative Team as the director of all things lighting. This position casts vision for production sets with a focus on lighting design, helps implement creative ideas for big events and productions, and leads a team of production volunteers in various areas. While all ministries at The Assembly function within the framework of the larger church vision, the Production/Lighting Technician will creatively implement that vision in a relevant and effective manner within the Worship/Creative Arts department.
- Directing, vision casting, and providing leadership for all things lighting for worship experiences and activities at The Assembly.
- Designs and implements the lighting plan for all productions.
- Translates the lighting creative demands of the production and scenes into defined lighting rigs.
- Reviews and oversees the use of equipment for all department needs.
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of new production equipment/technology and implements plans for upgrades of equipment, while also keeping safe working practices in mind.
- Oversees the discipleship and spiritual growth of the team members by leading team members in the full activity of church life at The Assembly.
- Connects relationally with current team members by supporting, training, and recruiting volunteers.
- Positively contributes to weekly department meetings and vision-casting meetings for the Creative Team.
- Supports the Production Manager at other events as needed.
Requires a high school diploma or GED. Some college coursework is preferred or a degree in related field. Requires multiple years of experience in various production roles with documentation to show increasing levels of personal growth and job responsibilities. Special emphasis in light design is required. Prefer 5-10 years of production experience.
- Full range of experience in the area of Production/AVL.
- Proficient knowledge of the latest in lighting design (Knowledge of Vista and/or GrandMA).
- Basic knowledge of sound consoles, plugins, and mixing techniques.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in correspondence.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be flexible and successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Capable of cultivating a sense of community and building a team.
- High level of creativity.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Technologically savvy and an early adapter to new technologies and methods.
- Well-versed in current church production practices worldwide.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: lifting equipment up to 50 pounds, walking, sitting, climbing hand-over-hand, reaching with hands and arms, manual operation of production consoles, manual operation of office machines, speaking and hearing clearly, dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or tools or controls, and vision requires close, distance, color, depth, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment during events is moderate to high.
Comprehensive Benefit package includes:
- Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Employer-provided Term Life Insurance
- Optional Term Life Insurance for Spouse and Children
- Employer-provided Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Holidays
- Maternity and Parental Paid Leave
- Tuition benefits for qualified dependents.
The Assembly employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit assembly.formstack.com.